Originally introduced during Blackwater Worldwide’s government contracting days, the BW-15 is back with a major makeover. Taking civilian budgets into account, the new Blackwater Worldwide BW-15 Civilian Warrior is an affordable combat/fighting platform.
The Blackwater Worldwide BW-15 Civilian Warrior
Forged from 7075-T6 aluminum, both the lower and upper offer rugged, lightweight performance. Precision machined to Crane NSW specification they feature an internal tensioning device, for tighter coupling. A mil-spec hard anodized finish also ensures hard use in harsh environments.
Chambered in .223 Wylde, the 16-inch 4150 Chromoly Vanadium steel barrel, with 1:8 twist, fires both .223REM and 5.56NATO cartridges. Also, it is a direct impingement rifle with mid-length gas system and guarantees 1 MOA groups, out of the box. Furthermore, the bolt carrier group is Machined from SAE 9310 steel for extended hard use performance.
Surrounding the barrel is a 15-inch Samson SXT handguard from 7075-T6 Aluminum, with M-Lok mounting system at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions. Likewise, a Picatinny rail runs the entire length of the handguard, and onto the upper, for additional accessories and optics.
Blackwater additionally utilized FAB Defense across the board for the furniture. Specifically, the BW-15 features the Guardus Grip and GL-CORE adjustable stock. Because many like to utilize after market muzzle devices, the BW-15 comes with a basic A2. Finally, an ambidextrous charging handle offers easy operation for both right- and left-handed shooters.
“The BW-15 Civilian Warrior is the first rifle released by Blackwater in 15 years and brings years of experience overseas into a package for the American people,” said Erik Prince, Founder of Blackwater. “The Civilian Warrior has the reliability of a fighting rifle, coupled with a sub MOA guarantee. Every part is inspected on arrival and after assembly to ensure that every single rifle is perfect. The Samson SXT handguard passes the most extreme drop test.”
The Blackwater Worldwide BW-15 Civilian Warrior is available now with an MSRP of $1,299.99. For more info, please visit BlackwaterWorldwide.com.
Blackwater Worldwide BW-15 Civilian Warrior Features
- 7075-T6 Aluminum Forged Lower, Precision Machined to Crane NSW Specification, with Tension Device ( Tension device keeps upper tight to lower)
- Mil-A-8625 Black Hardcoat Anodizing ( latest version per D.O.D)
- Mil Spec Trigger ( long term reliablity )
- Bolt Carrier Group is QPQ Black Nitride Finish, SAE9310 Steel/ MPI Tested (Commercially known as Tennifer) – SAE 9310 provides a 7% longer life and is considered an upgrade to standard military spec Carpenter 158 steel MPI – Magna Particale Inspection which ensures a consitence in material.
- 16″ .223 Wylde Chambered Barrel, 1:8 Twist, 4150/4151 CrMoV Steel, QPQ Black Nitride Finish, Mid Length Gas System
- 4150 Chrome Moly Vandium meets Mil Standard MIL-B-11595E 223 Wylde barrel safely fires both .223 Remington and 5.56 Nato cartridges
- Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- 15″ Samson SXT MLok Handguard, 7075-T6 Aluminum, Mil-A-8625 Black Hardcoat Anodizing
- FAB Defense Rubber Molded Gardus Grip
- FAB Defense GL-CORE 6 Point Adjustable Stock
- A2 Muzzle Device
- Magpul M2 30 Round Magazine
- Cable Lock
- 1 MOA or better accuracy guarantee
The Blackwater Worldwide BW-15 Civilian Warrior in .223 Wylde – Personal Defense World is written by Personal Defense World for www.personaldefenseworld.com