I do still like the Holographic Weapon Sight. It offers the true HUD feeling while shooting that even high quality dots just do not quite match. EOTech’s XPS and EXPS lines have the 2 series and 3 series units, the 2’s are visible spectrum only while the 3’s have a night vision compatible component. The E denotes the higher based quick detachable models.
The only serious limitation is their battery life/lack of active emitter option. The laser required for a HWS is much more power hungry than an LED. The
Ann Arbor, MI (October 19, 2021) – EOTECH’s Holographic Weapon Sight comes in all shapes and sizes. One of the top-selling models is the XPS2, an operator-grade Holographic Weapon Sight built for close-quarter engagements and fast-moving targets. Like all EOTECH® products, the XPS2 is rugged, reliable, and dependable.
At only 3.8-inches long and a mere 9-ounces, shooters love EOTECH’s shortest and lightest HWS sight. The HWS XPS2 is mission-capable and includes a single CR123 lithium battery configuration and compact footprint that leaves ample rail space for rear iron sights or magnifiers.
Choose from one of EOTECH’s many reticles for the XPS2. The most popular reticle is a 68 MOA ring surrounding a 1 MOA center dot, allowing the shooter to quickly pick up and lock on a target. A two-dot reticle adds a second aiming dot that provides an additional aiming point for longer shots. Others include a single 1-MOA dot (no ring) and two reticles for either FN or Sage less lethal launchers. In all EOTECH HWS systems, the reticle is focused at the same plane as the target which aides in rapid target acquisition while reducing eye fatigue.
The non-night-vision compatible XPS2 includes a rich feature-set including a waterproof housing, long battery life, and 20 daylight brightness settings. This battle-tested sight even works if the sight window breaks or becomes partially obstructed. The XPS2 offers peace of mind in high-stress environments and is proudly made in the USA.
XPS2 Technical Specifications
- L x W x H: 3.8” x 2.1” x 2.5” (96.5 x 53.3 x 63.5mm)
- Weight: 9.0 oz (255g)
- Water-Resistant: 10 ft (3m) depth
- Mount: 1” Weaver or MIL-STD 1913 rail
- Windage and Elevation: 0.5 MOA per click
- Brightness: 20 daylight settings
- Power Source: 1 x CR123 battery
- Battery Life: 1,000 (600 for green) continuous hours at nominal setting 12 at room temp.
- Operating Temperature:
- Red Reticle: -40ºF to 140ºF (-40ºC to 60ºC)
- Green Reticle: -22ºF to 140ºF (-30ºC to 60ºC)
- Country of Origin: Made in the USA
- Fits 1-inch Weaver or MIL-STD-1913 rail
- Lightweight and compact
- Long battery life
- Reticles (5 options) –
- 0- 68MOA ring with 1MOA dot
- 1- 1MOA dot (no ring)
- 2- 68MOA ring with (2) 1MOA dots
- FN-Calibrated reticle designed for FN® Less lethal launchers
- Sage-Calibrated reticle designed for Sage® Less lethal launchers
Included in the box
- HWS XPS2
- Quick-Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- CR123 Battery
- Protective Case